Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day. Improving the online shopping experience on AH.nl with new innovations for millions of users each day.
What do we offer?
As a passionate content Tech Lead at AH technology, you contribute to the improvement and optimization of the online experience of millions of Albert Heijn customers and will participate in the initiation of new cool initiatives regarding our content on our website. Using the latest technology, you transform the ever-changing insights in the world of online shopping into code that works. In short, you use your programming skills to develop, test and implement new functionalities, together with your team. You will lead the teams in creating a vision and target architecture and support the teams to adopt this target architecture when refactoring code or developing new features. You will participate in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write unit-, widget- and integration tests and manage deployments. You will also give feedback on the standards and guidelines, initiation process, Enterprise Architecture or platform guidance to the Marketing & Inspire product- or platform Architect.
The Product Owner and Head Tech Marketing & Inspire are responsible for team dynamics, capabilities, budget and development priorities, but as a subject matter expert you will be consulted or can give your valued opinion. Your efforts help the teams deliver extremely good performance. In more detail, you will be the go-to person to discuss architectural questions and solutions regarding our content on our website.
As our new Tech Lead Content – CMS you will:
- enable and improve the user-experience of dozens of editors and a million customers every day.
- lead the teams in creating a vision on target architecture;
- support the teams to adopt this target architecture when refactoring code or developing new features;
- understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the SDK can help improve the product;
Besides this, you
- are a valued team lead, who facilitates and removes obstacles;
- will be generous with the knowledge and will have a strong input into refinements, POCs and spikes.
- put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
- ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques;
- will work closely with the Head of Tech Marketing & Inspire, Platform Architect, Product Owner, Tech Leads and our development community
- will develop and improve new features for our customers on Albert Heijn website (approx.. 20-30% of your time)
- will improve and develop algorithms to make the shopping experience easy and fun for our customers.
- monitor the web applications and services and keep track of performance and stability
To maximize the customer impact, it is important that you have:
- A Bachelor or Master (University of Applied Sciences) degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject.
- At least 6- 8 years experience as a (DevOps) Engineer in a front-end, back-end or full stack role
- Experience with React.js, Node.js, Java 8 or higher, Services (APIs) and CI/CD.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Public Cloud.
- Experience with (technical) SEO topics and optimizations.
- Experience with Bloomreach (Headless CMS) and content strategies (DXP)
- A getting-things-done mentality.
- An insatiable appetite for new knowledge.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban (Agile).
- Strong social- and communication skills: able to present a balanced argument for the pros and cons of different solutions, someone who can make a translation between tech and business in a clear and simple way.
Nice to have:
- Experience of adopting SRE
- Experience with DAM systems (digital asset manager)
- Experience with SEA & Media Monetization
- Experience with GraphQL
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team you are part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech. To further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company. The work environment is open and informal. You will work in the new domain within AH Technology: Digital Tech Marketing & Inspire domain within the AH Customer Technology platform. Specifically you will be part of the CMS & Content team. Marketing & Inspire exists of 50 people in diverse teams counting 7 people per team. You’ll be working with Dev/Ops Engineers, Product Owners and Product Managers. For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
The right ingredients for an impactful job
An annual salary up to 85K based on a full-time workweek (40 hours);
An additional bonus that match your position: an attractive profit-sharing plan;
Generous retirement benefits (6.2% employee contribution) and discounts on, e.g., insurance.
A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!
Travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year;
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need to look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. Apply and discover how you, together with enormously diverse and enormously enthusiastic colleagues, can make a difference to the customer!
Diana Aguirre (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Linda Draijer (Head of Tech Marketing & Inspire) will be pleased to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org