Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Your new job and office
FoodTech is hot! If you’re looking for a career in architecture, greenfield engineering with impact and scale, but you don’t want to move away from coding as your core activity, keep reading. 🙂
Dit bieden we jou
The company: About AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back; more than 130 years, to be exact. For millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands.
Over 1,000 stores? Check.
The leading online food retail platform? Check.
We build it, we run it and we love it. 😉
So, what’s next?
We want to accelerate our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company by leveraging data and technology to future-proof food shopping. Our goal is to make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common purpose: to create digital solutions that make shopping simpler and more inspiring, both online and in our stores.
We invest heavily in tech. That includes investing in your career! Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food?
Working as a senior front-end or full stack developer for AH technology means you can take the lead in building state-of-the-art web applications creating an impact on one of the biggest and most efficient Supply Chain in Europe.
Your new job
As senior front-end developer/full stack developer, you are technically co-responsible for the work within the Supply Chain product teams. The team develops and supports software products including a user friendly web application that is used by our employees at the headquarters and the distribution centers on a daily basis to support their decisions with regards to planning, forecasting, insights, work floor activities etc. Within these teams there is now a focus towards moving front end away from our legacy stack and towards more modern stack. Next to providing technical leadership, you will also do hands-on work together with other experts in the team to develop our technology.
More specifically you will:
· Build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, contribute in best practices and deployments
· Understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the application can help improve the product
· Ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques
· Add value with your expertise and contribute with initiatives in the team and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform
· Be a valued team member, that contributes and removes obstacles
· Work closely with the Head of Tech, Platform Architect, Product Owner and our development community
Is this you?
To become successful as our new team member you will bring:
· Passion for tech building products
· Excellent communication skills, open, transparent and motivated to continuously
hesupport the team in realizing growth
· Strong experience as a developer or lead in a front-end or full stack role at least 5+ years within a similar role.
· An expert with React.js, experience with Node.js or similar, REST/GraphQL APIs and CI/CD and cloud.
· A Technology/IT Engineering Master or Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
· Experience in the field of Retail Tech would be an advantage
· An outstanding command of the English language
· 24/7 responsible for the application development & Ops including standby schedule.
This is what we can offer
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
· A competitive annual gross salary up to 90k euro and a bonus on top of your salary;
· 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
· Flexible working hours;
· Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy
· An excellent pension plan
· A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
· Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
· 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
· A company laptop and telephone.
Your new office and colleagues
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, We’re always there for you, and with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it is more true than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone, and by making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you become part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department-transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech, to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in the Tech team with several other colleagues, which operates within the Retail Technology platform. This department can be considered the engine room of AH, consisting of 27 teams developing and supporting AH’s Merchandise, Finance, Stores, Supply Chain and Support disciplines.
Dit breng je mee
Apply now! Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Any questions? please contact Adam Taimount, Talent Acquisition Partner – Technology will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy through firstname.lastname@example.org