Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day. Creating impact by enabling our teams to build state-of-the-art web and mobile applications creating an impact on millions of our customers.
Dit bieden we jou
Your new job
As a (senior) full stack java engineer you are technically co-responsible for the work of the Retail Microservices & Front-end enablement team. The team develops and enables state-of-the-art software products, such as Microservices and React development templates, to accelerate and standardize the work of 15+ product teams that use this to develop back-end and (web- and mobile) front-end applications.
You will work closely with our Product Owner and Product Architect, to develop our technology landscape. Next to providing technical leadership to our product teams, you will also do hands-on work together with other experts in the team to further accelerate our technology. These experts range from front-end engineers, back-end engineers, cloud engineers, release engineers etc. You will report directly to the head of tech.
As a passionate developer you participate in the realization of new cool initiatives. You will accelerate the work of multiple teams in keeping up the high standards of the platform, push the engineering skills of the teams, and developing new features using the latest technology.
More specifically you will:
- Be a valued team member and a valuable team player, celebrating successes together.
- Enable and help other product teams and developers to accelerate their development and standardize & improve solutions
- Develop proofs of concept, build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, develop best practices and manage deployments;
- Be an active member of the AH Tech community and collaborate with other experts in the community, where you have an appetite to learn from the experts around you and be an example for them too.
- Contribute to developing our technical standards and guidelines;
- Understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the application can help improve our products
- Work closely with the Head of Tech, Platform Architect, Product Owner, Engineers and our development community
Is this you?
To become successful as our new (senior) Full Stack Java developer you will bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Master or Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- You’re tech savvy, pro-active and have a big passion for tech
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Backend Developer, Java Developer, or Backend DevOps Engineer etc.
- You have hands-on experience in Java (Kotlin) and REST APIs – with a good understanding of containerization. Knowledge of technologies such as GraphQL, Kafka and MongoDB is a plus.
- You enjoy teamwork and are used to agile/scrum ways of working
- Excellent communication skills, open, transparent and motivated to continuously help the team grow
- A getting-things-done mentality.
- An outstanding command of English. Dutch would be a big plus
This is what we can offer
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary up to 87k euro and a bonus on top of your salary;
- 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
- Hybrid working environment with flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy
- An excellent pension plan
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop (Macbook) and smartphone.
Your new office and colleagues
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in the team with several other colleagues, which operates within the Retail Technology platform. This department can be considered the engine room of AH, consisting of multiple teams developing and supporting AH’s Merchandise, Finance, Stores, Supply Chain and Support disciplines.
Dit breng je mee
Adam Taimount (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) will be happy to help you via email@example.com