Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
As a Data Science Team lead at Albert Heijn, you will be part of the ambitious Data Science team within our Strategy & Analytics department. Our department is part of the Strategy of Albert Heijn, which shows the important of Data within our company. You will play a crucial role in the strategy and impact with our data.
In the role as Data Science Lead, you are responsible for the quality of data science development in our operations or commerce domain. You are passionate about data, on top of the latest data science developments and quickly determine applicability for Albert Heijn. You work closely together with the directors of the analytics teams and representatives of the business teams. Because of your good communication skills and strong technological knowledge, you collaborate well together with the team of data engineers and IT. Together you will improve numerous processes and the experiences of millions of customers every single day.
Together with your team, you will focus on topics around operations or commerce. In the Operations domain we support our stores, supply chain and eCommerce operations with analytics and data science solutions. Topics range from demand forecasting on products to operational process optimizations such as routing, slotting and planning. In the Commerce domain we support the various commercial department with Albert Heijn. Here, the topics range from forecasting and optimizing promotions and promotional calendar to making sure we get the right assortment in the right stores at the right price.
As a Data Science Team Lead you will drive the data science expertise for one of these domains. Next to that you will manage a team that consist of +/- 7 data scientists, covering juniors, mediors and seniors, all working in the same domain. As a mentor you well help them develop their both their technical and non-technical skills. Together you will seek opportunities within your Data Science domain and explore new technical improvements.
As Data Science Team Lead at AH Technology you:
- You will have a leading role in building models and algorithms within the domain of commerce or operations.
- Explore and develop high quality, production grade data science solutions that deliver value to the business of Albert Heijn and its customers.
- Use your experience and knowledge to develop a high performance Data Science team that can develop high impact data science solutions.
- Coach/Mentor the team of Data Scientists and help them improve their (non)technical skills and mature their way-of-working.
- Shape thought leadership throughout Albert Heijn on AI/ML opportunities.
- Have a pragmatic mindset; you understand the larger data science picture, the spot on the horizon, but also have a very pragmatic approach to this.
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! Now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continuously analyzing the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with highly qualified professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other, and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As a Data Science Team lead, you are part of the Strategy & Analytics department. Your colleagues will be Data Scientists with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology, as well as other data-savvy people. Together with them, and the other two Team Leads you play an essential role in creating impact through the development of data science solutions. Next to this, other Albert Heijn departments, our shops, supply chain, and real estate play a key role as your stakeholders.
For more information about AH Technology you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place via video calls.
Dit bieden we jou
At AH Technology, we aim to grow, and that’s only possible if you grow with us. That’s why you get access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive salary up to € 7.400,-. gross a month
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam
- 20 vacation days
- A budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- Courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
- A bonus on top of your salary
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A laptop and telephone
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
Dit breng je mee
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- A masters in Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest
- At least 7 years of experience as Data Scientist with extensive experience in building real-world, production grade data science and machine learning solutions
- Experience as Team Lead within a Data Science team, preferable in a retail or tech company
- Good communication skills; the ability to explain complex matter in an easy and enthusiastic way to business stakeholders
- Advanced experience with Python, Apache Spark and the basics of software engineering best-practices
- Experience with Cloud Platforms preferably Microsoft Azure
- You are based in The Netherlands
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page. We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for AH Technoloy?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of technical skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
Want to know more before you apply for our role at AH Technology? Maureen Ensink, Talent Acquisition Partner Data Science & Analytics, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org.