Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Being a passionated backend developer for the AH Technology Supply Chain domain, means you are developing our software for a product. A product can contain multiple applications delivering one or more capabilities to our business process
Dit bieden we jou
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-). So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
Our Albert Heijn Technology Supply Chain platform, led by Head of Tech Sjoerd Moerenburg, aims to create the best Supply Chain architecture and infrastructure that has a huge impact on our Supply Chain processes and the shopping experience of millions of customers who daily visit one of our Albert Heijn stores. Within this platform there are multiple products that drive this success, each owned by a product team which can be categorized under Replenishment, Logistics or Transport.
The team which you will join is the AH Transport planning team. The respective product consists of yet to be made microservices to support the process to create the transport plan for 1000+ Albert Heijn stores but also for Etos and Gall. Our goal is to reduce lead time and eliminate data corruption. Even the smallest improvements make enormous impact. As backend developer you will join a talented team, consisting of a Tech Lead, Solution Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Testers. Together with the team and the tech lead Marcel van den Berg you will closely collaborate to deliver enormous impact every day!
More specifically, backend developer you will:
• Be a valued team member and a valuable team player, celebrating successes together;
• Have an appetite to learn from the experts around you,
• Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible;
• Join an agile scrum team that works in increments of two weeks; participating in all ceremonies of standups, refinement, planning, retrospective…
• Analyze/design application and data architecture solutions, build code, enforce code quality, develop best practices and manage deployments.
• Develop on applications that run our business critical and strategical processes of replenishment;
As backend developer, you will contribute directly to the development of a new, state of the art Technology landscape for the AH Supply Chain product. A mission you won’t take on solo, but as a full-fledged (and very welcome) member of the AH Technology. Together you strive to develop a new system architecture in an Agile setting. A challenging role, because this challenge can only be overcome if you utilize your engineering and personal skills to the fullest. The role mostly boils down to a mix of software engineering work, learning on the job, doing standups, refinements and problem solving on business critical systems which are real-time, super critical and highly responsive. To maximize your impact as backend developer, it is important that you really want this and make your team work efficiently. How do you create awesome Supply Chain solutions in a rapidly changing environment, where today's brilliant idea can be ‘past its expiration date’ tomorrow?
You will work hard on those solutions with support of your team and Product Owner, while weighing the effects on our architecture and managing dependencies like a boss. You also engage intensively with colleagues in the whole AH Tech department. In short, this is a fantastic and challenging role in which you work on great projects and help us to deliver on our promise to our millions of shopping customers. As for the setting: we actively promote autonomy and experimenting. Misadventures are learnings to be shared with your colleagues! Speaking of which, at AH Technology you work with the brightest minds in the data, digital and tech domains, so inspiration is never in short supply…
A backend developer within the transport planning you will be involved in different subjects. Current topics and projects include:
- Creating the backbone to support AH Transport leveraging the latest technologies on a microservice architecture.
- Connecting carriers and external warehouses to the Albert Hein Transport platform and ensure every party always has te latest view on the transport plan.
- Developing strategic capabilities that makes AH a leading food & tech company.
- Cloud transformation and migration program.
The recipe for maximum impact
- Bachelor or University degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject.
- At least 2 year work experience as Kotlin Developer, Java Developer, Backend Developer or Backend DevOps Engineer etc.
- You enjoy teamwork, like working in greenfield settings and make things happen.
- You’re tech savvy, pro-active and have a big passion for tech.
- Knowledge of Kotlin, Java 8 or higher, Services (APIs) and CI/CD. Experience with the Spring Framework is a plus.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban (Agile).
- A getting-things-done mentality.
- An insatiable appetite for new knowledge.
- Not a deal-breaker, but Native Dutch speaker would be welcome, too.
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An annual salary of max 64K based on a full-time workweek (40 hours).
- A bonus plan: the annual amount can range from 45 to 130% of your average monthly paycheck.
- 32-40 hours a week
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
- Plenty of holidays, 45 days to be exactly: 25.5 regular paid vacation days and 19.5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community & AH Tech Academy – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- A powerful laptop and smartphone are ‘included’. You also get discounts on insurance and groceries (up to €300,- a year).
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy that typifies scaleups.
- You have an opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
Dit breng je mee
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. And beyond. Questions? Adam Taimount (Talent Acquisition Partner) can tell you everything you want to know about this role, firstname.lastname@example.org. Oh, due to Corona we can only serve virtual coffee during these talks.