Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Being a passionate engineer for AH Technology means you are developing our software for a product and are responsible for this throughout the entire lifecycle. A product can contain multiple applications, delivering one or more capabilities to our business process.
What do we offer?
Hi, we’re AH Retail Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-). So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Retail Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
Within the AH Retail Technology Platform, our Merchandise, MDM and Finance Product Clusters aims to create the best architecture and infrastructure that has a huge impact on our processes and the shopping experience of millions of customers who daily interact with one of our Albert Heijn channels. In our Product Cluster there are over half a dozen products that drive this success, each owned by its own DevOps team.
The team which you will join was newly founded in 2021 and develops high-speed, high-volume solutions powered by microservices. It consists of 12 talented professionals; a Tech Lead, two Test Automation Engineers and backend developers specialized in either microservice or API development. Together with the team and the Product Owner you will closely collaborate to deliver impact every day with the ultimate goal of transforming our monolithic Oracle environment into a new, state of the art AH Technology landscape.
Your efforts will help this autonomous team to deliver outstanding results. More specifically, as backend developer you will:
- Join an agile scrum team that works in increments of two weeks; participating in all ceremonies of standups, refinement, planning, retrospective …
- Develop technical solutions that run our business critical and strategic processes
- Build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, contribute in best practices and deployments
- Support our internal customers with questions, incidents and proactive measures resulting from our monitoring setup
- Add value with your expertise and contribute with initiatives in your product cluster and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform
- Be a valued team member, that contributes and removes obstacles
The recipe for maximum customer impact
- A Bachelor/Master in Information Technology (or similar)
- At least 2 years+ of experience in similar role(s)
- You enjoy teamwork and are used to agile/scrum ways of working
- You’re tech savvy, pro-active and have a big passion for tech – maybe you even published some open-source contributions
- You have hands-on experience in Java (Kotlin), noSQL DB and Mulesoft – understanding of Spring Boot, Maven, Docker, Kafka, Ansible and SQL DB would be great
- You have a good understanding of CI/CD practices in a (MS Azure/AKS) Cloud environment
- An outstanding command of English
This is what we can offer
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A competitive annual gross salary depending on your experience and a bonus on top of your salary
- 25 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 19.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy
- An excellent pension plan
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year
- A company laptop and telephone
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. Any questions? Adam Taimount (Talent Acquisition Partner) can tell you everything you want to know about this role or AH Technology through firstname.lastname@example.org