Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Our retail tech platform is looking for a tech lead who gets energized from transformation and innovations. Together with our Product Owner, Product Architect and team of engineers you will drive the transition from Oracle 12 forms to a modern microservices cloud based solution. Business technology and Solution consultants will support you and the rest of the team to identify requirements and find the best possible solutions. In this role we are looking for someone who can lead transformation and get our stakeholders in the stores energized to make this transition happen. Changes don’t come easily, are you up for this challenge?
We have an idea of where we are going, but we want you to help us to get there! Your creative and innovative mind-set will be of great importance when it comes to making tech related decisions. Not everything is set in stone which gives you certain freedom in your role in regards to growing your team, upgrading your tech stack and many more. Colleagues would describe you as a creator! Not a follower..
We are currently looking for a tech lead for our Curry team. This team is transforming into a modern microservices cloud based solution! In this role you work closely with your customers and stakeholders to help them see the technical future that we want to move towards. This means we are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and speaks the language of the techies but also: the non-techies! In short your team develops and supports multiple applications delivering one or more capabilities for our brands in The Netherlands. You will work closely with our Product Owner and Product Architect, to develop our technology landscape. Furthermore: you will be responsible for coaching our engineers. You will report directly to the Head of Tech. Your team will operate within the Retail Technology platform. This department can be considered the engine room of AH, consisting of 27 teams developing and supporting AH’s different (internal) disciplines.
More specific you will:
• Lead the transformation from the old world to the new world! (Migration from Oracle database to a cloud based solution: microservices)
• Share your expertise and contribute to initiatives in your product cluster and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform;
• Develop proofs of concept, build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, develop best practices and manage deployments;
• Participate in standups and refinements in your team;
• Coach and guide the DevOps engineers in your team;
• Develop technical solutions in line with our system and business process architecture;
• Contribute to developing our technical standards and guidelines;
• Be a valued team member, who facilitates and removes obstacles;
• Develop the team’s skills and processes to deliver value as quickly as possible.
What do we offer?
To become successful as our new Tech lead you bring:
• A Technology/IT Engineering Master or Bachelor degree;
• 5 years+ experience as Sr. Engineer / Lead Engineer working in a complex (corporate) technology environment.
• Broad technical knowledge including cloud (preferably Azure), storage, API’s, Microservices (preferably Kotlin/Java knowledge), streaming and messaging technologies and technical security;
• Knowledge and experience on Agile way of work;
• An outstanding command of the English language (Dutch would be considered a bonus😉);
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and engage colleagues.
Your new office and collegues
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, We’re always there for you, and with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it is more true than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone, and by making shopping fit the way people live today.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate.
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
• A competitive annual gross salary up to 95k euro including a flexible bonus and holiday allowance.
• 20 vacation days and a Personal Budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out;
• Flexible working hours, but working at the office (around twice a week) is important in this role;
• Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
• An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 4,5 times more than you as an employee;
• A travel allowance OR NS-train card for travelling to and from Zaandam by train;
• Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
• 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
• A company laptop and telephone.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Have questions first, please contact Carly DeSantis, Talent Acquisition Partner – Technology will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and AH Technology through email@example.com. Please note that an initial screening with the recruiter, tech assessment and interview with the teams will be part of the recruitment process.