Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Join AH Technology Supply Chain team as Tech Lead and help rebuild our traditional tech into a modern cutting-edge technology landscape
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. 😉
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career.
Your new office and colleagues
At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field in an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in the team with several other colleagues, which operate within the supply chain department. This department can be considered the engine room of AH, consisting of 8-9 product teams in retail tech with over 300 colleagues and 32 product teams which makes it diverse, challenging but also very interesting and enough colleagues to learn from!
To give you an insight into some of the large scale initiatives we are currently busy with:
- Rebuilding our traditional tech landscape into modern cutting edge tech foundation (with Microservices & High code front-end) to scale our ever growing core business
- Integrating and expanding our supply chain capacity and network
- Optimizing the value chain in our warehouses (or integrating towards our partners), transport and replenishment
- Cloud (Azure) transformation and migration
- Multiple proof of concepts with industry leaders in digital brain(s).
This is how you will reinvent food retail
- Build a greenfield microservices architecture on Java for the transport product team;
- Coach and guide the DevOps engineer in your team;
- Develop technical solutions in line with our systems and business process architecture;
- Develop proofs of concept, build code, implement and execute automated testing, ensure security and code quality, develop best practices and execute automated testing;
- Further enhance our technical standards and guidelines;
- Share your expertise and contribute to initiatives and your product cluster and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform;
- Guide team members, who facilitates and removes obstacles;
- Develop the team’s skills and processes to deliver value as quickly as possible.
What do we offer?
As Tech Lead of AH Retail Technology Platform, you are technically responsible for the work of your product team. Your team develops and supports multiple applications delivering one or more capabilities for our brands in The Netherlands. You will work closely with our Product Owner and Product Architect, to develop our technology landscape. Business technology and Solution consultants will support you and the rest of the team to identify requirements and find the best possible solutions.
Your ‘shopping list’
- A Technology/IT Engineering Master or Bachelor degree;
- 5 years+ experience as Sr. Engineer / Lead Engineer working in a complex (corporate) Technology environment. Experience in the field of Retail Tech would be an advantage;
- Broad technical knowledge including Oracle technology stack (PL/SQL), Cloud (preferably Azure and OCI), Microservices (preferably Java/Kotlin), API and non-functional requirements such as scalability and technical security;
- Knowledge on event streaming and messaging platform (Kafka) – a big plus;
- Knowledge and experience on Agile;
- An outstanding command of English and Dutch would be a big plus;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate people.
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An annual salary up to 95K including holiday allowance and a flexible bonus. Depending on your level of seniority and experience;
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!;
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan;
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to make the future of food retail a little brighter each day. Questions? Contact Alexandra Smelt via email@example.com.