Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Join one of the biggest Supply Chains in The Netherlands as Software Developer and work in a heavy data driven environment to help rebuild our traditional tech into a modern cutting-edge and more sustainable technology landscape 🚀
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. ;-). So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and give our customers the accessibility to healthy food more easily available for everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
Our Albert Heijn Technology Supply Chain platform aims to create the best Supply Chain architecture and infrastructure that has a huge impact on our Supply Chain processes and the shopping experience of millions of customers who daily visit one of our Albert Heijn stores. Within this platform there are multiple products that drive this success, each owned by a product team which can be categorized under Replenishment, Logistics or Transport.
The team which you will join is the AH Smart Replenishment Product team. The respective product consists creating/modifying microservices to support the process to create orders towards suppliers to maintain enough stock to supply over 1,000 Albert Heijn stores. Our goal is to create stable and highly available microservice architecture to create efficient and event driven system handling for millions of events. With such a huge scope, even the smallest improvements can generate huge benefits.
Some exciting products you will be working on:
- A data-driven application that optimizes orders while considering supply chain constraints, resulting in an order that can be fulfilled with minimal operational changes;
- A big-data driven application used for managing supplier performance that aims at increasing product availability for customers in stores;
- And a Machine Learning application that improves the accuracy of the forecast that in turn drives the estimates for store orders which directly translates to planning of the downstream supply chain. Improvements will directly translate in better availability and lower wastage of products at stores.
As Software Developer you will:
- Be a valued team member and a valuable team player, celebrating successes together;
- Have an appetite to learn from the experts around you;
- Join an agile scrum team that works in increments of two weeks; participating in all ceremonies of standups, refinement, planning, retrospective…
- Analyze/design application and data architecture solutions, build code, enforce code quality, develop best practices and manage deployments;
- Develop applications that run our business critical and strategic processes of replenishment.
As Software developer, you will contribute directly to the development of a new, state of the art Technology landscape for the AH Supply Chain product. A mission you won’t take on solo, but as a full-fledged (and very welcome) member of the AH Technology. Together you strive to develop a new system architecture in an Agile setting. A challenging role, because this challenge can only be overcome if you utilize your engineering and personal skills to the fullest. The role mostly boils down to a mix of software engineering work, learning on the job, doing standups, refinements and problem solving on business critical systems which are real-time, supercritical and highly responsive. How do you create awesome Supply Chain solutions in a rapidly changing environment, where today's brilliant idea can be ‘past its expiration date’ tomorrow?
You will work hard on those solutions with the support of your team and Product Owner, while weighing the effects on our architecture and managing dependencies like a boss. You also engage intensively with colleagues in the whole AH Tech department. In short, this is a fantastic and challenging role in which you work on great projects and help us to deliver on our promise to our millions of shopping customers. As for the setting: we actively promote autonomy and experimenting. Misadventures are learnings to be shared with your colleagues! Speaking of which, at AH Technology you work with the brightest minds in the data, digital and tech domains, so inspiration is never in short supply…
As a Software Developer within the Replenishment team, you will be involved in different subjects. Current topics and big projects include:
- Creating solid and robust microservice architecture to solve future needs of replenishment within Albert Heijn group;
- Working on lot of greenfield microservices which are being built on modern tech stack;
- Developing strategic capabilities that makes AH a leading food & tech company;
- Cloud (Azure) transformation and migration program;
- Everyday is a new challenge and new opportunity.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. As we work together to build our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- An annual salary up to 95K including holiday allowance and a flexible bonus. Depending on your level of seniority and experience;
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!;
- Flexible working hours;
- Access to a challenging training curriculum – AH Tech Academy;
- An excellent pension plan where we as an employer contribute 4,5 more than you as an employee;
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam or a NS-business card to travel from home to work;
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year;
- A company laptop and telephone.
The recipe for maximum impact
- Bachelor or University degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject;
- 8+ years of work experience as a Software Developer, preferably in Python and/or PySpark;
- Strong knowledge of Python and/or PySpark, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps) and SQL;
- Big plus if you have experience with Java, Kotlin and/or Microservices;
- Knowledge of Cloud, preferably Azure;
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban (Agile);
- You enjoy teamwork, like working in greenfield settings and make things happen; You’re tech savvy, pro-active and have a big passion for tech;
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology? Alexandra Smelt, Talent Acquisition Partner – Technology will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and AH Technology through firstname.lastname@example.org.