Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Do you want to be responsible for the rapid resolution (mitigation of impact for customers and/or business) of major incidents in the critical business processes at our core retail technologies? And do you want to be part of an engineering culture where in you help to improve the Observability, Release Engineering and other components in an every changing infrastructure? Then this position might be the right job for you!
Hi, we're Albert Heijn, omnichannel food retailer
Whether people shop online or go to a physical store, 'Albert Heijn' is a welcomed guest in 5 million households. This is a major social responsibility; our aim is to continue to inspire customers to eat healthily, easily, enjoyably and affordably. Rapidly changing customer preferences calls for continuous rethinking of our propositions and positioning. The transition from physical to online shopping driven by Covid-19 is a case in point. Choosing Albert Heijn means choosing a flexible setting, where change is the only constant and everything you do impacts the lives of millions of customers. Are you up to the challenge? Welcome to the omnichannel food retailer.
Making a difference for the customer as a Site reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer within the Retail Technology Platform, you are responsible for the rapid resolution (mitigation of impact for customers and/or business) of major incidents. You do this for the critical business processes of Retail Tech (Stores, Supply Chain, Merchandise, Finance, HR and Support). You take the lead and coordinate all activities needed to solve the incident as soon as possible. You do this together with product teams and suppliers and make sure accurate and timely communications are made to relevant Business and Technology colleagues. You are defining continuous technical improvements to solve incidents structurally by addressing weak spots whilst also making us able to identify incidents before any impact occurs.
In addition, you are developing monitoring dashboards and/or alerting automation to make the processes easier and faster for our most critical core retail business chains. Thanks to your actions, everyone in the product team and business is aware of the up-to-date processes and you ensure timely communication in case something is broken. You also ensure that these processes are supported with tools and technology that you can develop yourself.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you make your presence felt by:
• Dividing your time between managing major incidents and hands on engineering on resiliency and observability topics
• Not being afraid to work together with the DevOps teams to engineer resilient systems using the latest (cloud) technologies
• Together with involved resolution teams and suppliers, ensure minimal impact for our business stakeholders
• Continuously improving the processes regarding to Incident Command and spread this knowledge by providing training. With the aim of making each Incident a learning moment, so that it won’t reoccur or can be solved even faster.
At Albert Heijn we work with the latest technologies and innovative solutions such as Azure cloud, Kubernetes, GitHub CI/CD, etc. while also dealing with complex large-scale systems needed to operate the dynamic world of stores and distribution centers. There is an open engineering culture, with room for your ideas, you get ownership, and we expect your own initiative. You are really a spider in the web and must deal with different departments and levels within the organization. Chaos Engineering is a subject we want to develop further; the ideal candidate has knowledge / experience in Chaos Engineering and wants to share his/her enthusiasm with the rest of the department.
You will be part of the AH Retail Tech Platform and more specifically the Retail Enabling cluster. We work daily with technology transformations, improvements and challenges at scale with our 1100+ stores, 6 distribution centers and our HQ employees. As a result, we aim to deliver an optimal experience for all our colleagues. Within the Enabling cluster, we work on various matters to ensure that product teams can focus primarily on delivering customer value. Our focus is mainly on technology modernization and resiliency engineering through automation. The team makes sure that if something breaks, we quickly fix it together again and prevent this from happening again. We are problem solvers and hate it when customers or our own business has an impact from a disruption. There is a no blame culture, we roll up our sleeves and fix the problem. Afterwards we look back together to see where we can structurally improve.
Dit bieden we jou
To maximize the customer impact, it is important that you:
• Have a technical higher professional education or master's degree, preferably in Information Technology.
• Have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in which you have proven your added value in roles as an System Engineer/Administrator, Technical application manager or SRE within a complex technology environment.
• Have experience with dealing with variety of stakeholders and teams
• Understand Incident management processes (ITIL)
• Are used to working with time-critical deadlines, and able to evaluate and improve processes.
• Have a great communication skills in Dutch (must have) and English.
• Have experience with public cloud, observability, monitoring/alerting and CI/CD tooling is a plus.
• Having knowledge and experience of OpsGenie and ServiceNow is an advantage.
Dit breng je mee
The perks that come with the job:
- A competitive salary up to 90 000 euros based on a full-time workweek, excluding bonus (up to 10k), a travel allowance, laptop and a smartphone.
- Generous pension scheme (company pays 4,5x your personal contribution) and discount on (among other things) insurance policies.
- 20 days’ holiday entitlement, plus 12.5 days on a discretionary basis. Take it, exchange it for discounts or have it paid out in full? Your choice.
- A setting in which learning from your peers is an everyday reality and your personal and professional development is continuously encouraged.
- An employer that combines the best of both worlds: the opportunities you associate with a corporation plus the autonomy and drive to innovation that characterize scale-ups.
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues. Questions? Martina Purba, Talent Acquisition Partner, can tell you more about this challenging role via email@example.com