Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Location: HQ Zaandam
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Albert Heijn Technology, you will be part of our ambitious Data Science team. You will work closely together with Data Scientists as well as business and technology stakeholders to deliver scalable and robust data science products that improve Albert Heijn’s operations and add value for millions of Albert Heijn customers.
This new role will draw on your understanding of applied statistical and machine learning techniques as well as your knowledge and experience of software engineering best practices. You will facilitate the design and implementation of data science products in a manner that monitors and ensures that they are performant, available and correct.
The data science team consists of +/- 20 enthusiastic data scientists with different professional backgrounds and nationalities. Our team members are passionate, curious and pragmatic, never afraid to get their hands dirty, always learning and adapting. As a senior in the team, your role as a mentor and coach will be particularly important, and your impact will be multiplied through your interactions with your colleagues. You will also play a crucial role in setting the technical strategy of our team. You will guide our team as to which technologies we should use, how best to use them and directly contribute to and maintain common infrastructure and tooling used to develop products within our team. Your vision for data science software engineering practice will set the bar for our team.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at AH Technology you will:
- Design, test and build scalable machine learning solutions together with your team of data scientist and engineers.
- Communicate your solutions clearly to a technical audience.
- Play a crucial role in the strategy and impact with our data, you know everything about the current leading technologies.
- Mentor and coach juniors and mediors in our team and help raise the maturity of team.
- Own a strong vision on data science/software development. As this is a new role we are looking for someone to think along with us and set a bar within this domain.
What do we offer?
At AH Technology, we aim to grow, and that’s only possible if you grow with us. That’s why you get access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A gross salary up to € 105.000 per year including holiday pay but excluding an interesting bonus on top of your salary
- 20 vacation days plus a budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days off (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- Flexible working hours and a modern hybrid way of working
- An excellent pension plan where Ahold yearly contributes over 4,5 times your contribution
- A travel allowance or NS Business Card for traveling from your home to Zaandam and back
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A Macbook and an Iphone
- Working for an amazing Dutch brand with nice and smart colleagues
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! Now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continuously analyzing the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with highly qualified professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other, and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer you are part of the Strategy & Analytics department. Your colleagues will be Data Scientists with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology, as well as other data-savvy people. Together with them, and the other two Team Leads you play an essential role in creating impact through the development of data science solutions. Next to this, other Albert Heijn departments, our shops, supply chain, and real estate play a key role as your stakeholders.
For more information about AH Technology you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, Scientist or ML Engineer.
- Extensive knowledge of Apache Spark and optimization techniques.
- Strong software development skills, able to write solid readable and testable code (Python, packaging, testing, CI/CD).
- A good understanding of the fundamentals underlying industry standard machine learning models.
- Cloud experience, you can architect and provision scalable hosting solutions.
- Good coaching and communication skills, you are a team player.
- Experience in rolling machine learning out in production (MLOps, model life cycle management, monitoring).
- Experienced in using containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Based in the Netherlands.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Apply via the button on this page. We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position and what kind of technical skills do you bring with you for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
Want to know more before you apply for our role at AH Technology? Peter Dirks, Talent Acquisition Partner Data Science & Analytics, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy via email@example.com