Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Do you want to be a data scientist that makes impact on the lives of millions of people in the Netherlands and Belgium? Do you want to make sure they can buy all the groceries their hearts’ desire and not miss out on great bonus promotions? Would you like to build data science products in a company with the ambition to base all its decisions on data? Then we’re looking for you!
What will my role be?
In your role as a Senior Data Scientist you will be working in the Commerce domain within our Strategy & Analytics department. There are many exciting ongoing and upcoming projects in the commerce domain. In these projects you will build solutions that help category managers to do their day-to-day jobs. For example, by helping them forecast sales for upcoming bonus promotions. Or by enabling them to order enough stock for our customers, while minimizing waste at the end of each week. Alternatively, you could help them in optimizing our assortment; making sure each store offers what their local customers want most. We work closely with category managers, engineers and analysts and others in the organization to deliver value for millions of customers every single day.
Dit bieden we jou
What will my daily work look like?
While you will hone your craft in your day-to-day work, you will also have the opportunity to shape our way of working within the team, coach and mentor more junior team members, and facilitate knowledge sharing across the organization. Your teammates have different backgrounds and nationalities, which we believe is an important asset. But most importantly: we will never stop evolving and learning to unlock value from wealth of data we have at Albert Heijn.
As Senior Data Scientist ((Forecasting & Causal Inference)) at AH Technology you:
· Build data science products and design experiments to test and validate their effectiveness.
· Continuously improve model performance following CI/CD best practices.
· Convey complex ideas to different audiences in an effective manner
· Use your experience and knowledge to mature our Data Science team and perfect our agile way of working
· Coach and mentor your colleagues
· Help shape thought leadership throughout Albert Heijn on AI/ML opportunities
· Work in multidisciplinary product teams and closely to our business stakeholders
What we offer:
· +/- 20 passionate data scientist and machine learning engineer colleagues
· +/- 80 analyst colleagues working every day on the vast amount of data we have at Albert Heijn
· A basic salary between € 63,000 and € 80,000 gross per year
· Holiday allowance (8%)
· A bonus on top of your salary
· 20 vacation days
· A budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days off (+12,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
· Courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
· Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
· An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
· A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam, once possible again
· Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
· A laptop and telephone
· 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
What we expect from you
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
· A Master in Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience and interest.
· At least 5 years of experience as Data Scientist, preferably within an eCommerce environment.
· A desire to coach and mentor your colleagues.
· The ability to explain complex matter in an effective way to varied audiences.
· Advanced experience in Python and Spark.
· Experience in productionizing maintainable solutions based on Packages instead of Notebooks.
· Experience in Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure Databricks and visualization tools are a big plus.
· You are based in The Netherlands.
Dit breng je mee
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop onboard and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page.
Would you like to know more about this role, contact Erwin Schuur our Talent Acquisition Partner Data & Analytics: email@example.com