Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day. Improving the online shopping experience on AH.nl and in the AH app with new innovations for millions of users each day.
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. 😉
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
As Senior Backend Developer at AH Technology, you contribute to the improvement and optimization of the experience of millions of Albert Heijn customers. Using the latest technology, you transform the ever-changing insights in the world of online and offline shopping into code that works. In short, you use your programming skills to develop, test and implement new functionalities, together with your team.
In more detail, at AH Technology you will:
• Manage integrations between our online and store applications
• Improve, maintain and develop features to provide a solid basis for our loyalty programs.
• Be working in a DevOps environment and you are responsible for the performance and the quality of the things you own as a team.
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team you are part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech. To further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Your team consists of 4 to 8 people, a Product Owner, a Scrum Master and other passionate developers . They are all experts in their own fields. When your team needs a break from coding, you head for the high-tech gaming room. Afterwards, you’ll be full of energy and ready to dive into the code again.
AH Tech Academy
We launched our brand-new AH Tech Academy. A learning environment organized by and for our colleagues, together with external training partners. The AH Tech Academy offers a variety of courses and trainings. You will not only find software development trainings, also Agile courses, time management, presentation training and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget and room for both your personal and professional growth.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary between 70-85k based on a full-time workweek.
- Bonus levels that match your position: an attractive profit-sharing plan, travel expenses, and a laptop and smartphone.
- Generous retirement benefits (6.2% employee contribution) and discounts on, e.g., insurance.
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? You’re the end boss!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
- The opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
The recipe for maximum customer impact
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new software Engineer, you bring:
• Bachelore or University degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject.
• At least 5 years work experience as a Backend Developer, Java Developer, Kotlin Developer or Backend DevOps Engineer etc.
• Experience with Java 11 or higher, Kotlin, Services (APIs) and CI/CD.
• Knowledge on Containerisation (Kubernetes) and Cloud (Azure).
• A getting-things-done mentality.
• An insatiable appetite for new knowledge and knowledge sharing.
• Good communication skills, fluent in English or Dutch.
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to make the future of food retail a little brighter each day. Questions? Martina Purba (Talent Acquisition Specialist – Technology) will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and AH Technology through firstname.lastname@example.org.