Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Does DATA and TECHNOLOGY run through your veins?
Are you a person who can keep our data product teams equipped with a prioritized backlog based on the overall strategy and business objectives? Do you also have skills and interest to map out dependencies and inform all necessary teams, stakeholders, and others of the necessary sequence of development? Do you also have a keen interest elevating our quality of engineering and shaping our data platforms which can help bring our Food and Tech company to the next level?
Then, read on!
Hi, we are AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We did not achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run, and love it. 😉
So, what is next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create data platforms and solutions that enable better decisions. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
What do we offer?
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
- An annual salary up to 81k, based on a full-time workweek, excluding bonus and holiday allowance.
- An excellent pension plan. We pay out over four times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you will continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
- 20 vacation days and a flex budget of 12.5 days. Enjoy!
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, to a maximum of €300 per year
- A powerful laptop and ditto smartphone are included
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy to boldly go where no one has gone before that typifies scale ups.
- You have an opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
This is how you, as a Product Owner, will reinvent food retail:
- You identify, prioritize, and manage the product roadmap, user stories and even more astutely, the backlog.
- You OWN the engineering product including but not limited to performance, quality, ‘paved road’ interfaces, frameworks for users, all while making sure it is a cost-effective platform.
- You initiate new features that can benefit the business and minimize technical debt.
- You will track progress on deliverables of the team and manage the expectations of your stakeholders.
- You are responsible for communicating with stakeholders across the board, including customers, business managers, and the development team to make sure the goals are clear, and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- You are accountable to elevate the engineering level of the team (responsible is the tech lead in your team)
As Product Owner, you contribute directly to an optimal product roadmap, backlog(s), and user stories. A mission you will not take on solo, but as a full-fledged (and very welcome) member of the Data Differentiation Platform (DDP) of Albert Heijn.
In our initiative to become a data-driven organisation, we are building the technology to support the culture to make data self-service. Our platform supports a data marketplace where data flows in realtime between data producers and data consumers with the right quality, security measures and controls.
This product owner role sits within the Platform cluster of DDP and is responsible for the supply of all changes to the large and complex products within the platform group and other domains including software development services, changes infrastructure changes, service and technical debt for the platforms and systems in the scope of the role. You will be working with DevOps Engineers, other Product Owners, Product Managers and Platform Architects. Together you strive to deliver the platform for all the stakeholders from different lines of business, a challenging role!
Your team’s ‘shopping list’
- You combine a bachelor’s degree, combined with 6-8 years of relevant work experience, (most) preferably in an infra / platform building area related to data.
- By relevant, we mean as a technical product owner or lead experience with(in) DevOps teams.
- You are at home in Agile methodologies, product development processes and infra building (including building blocks), inner sourcing, cost management et.al.
- You will need solid presentation skills and communication skills (English and a plus if it is also for Dutch) to complete the final level.
- If strategic thinking puts a smile on your face and you want to share & care with colleagues from backgrounds as diverse as the customers we serve, welcome to AH Technology!
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to make the future of food retail a little brighter each day. Questions? Nora Boujemaaoui, Talent Acquisition Partner can tell you more about this challenging role, via email@example.com.