Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Your new job and office
FoodTech is hot! If you’re looking for a career in architecture, greenfield engineering with impact and scale, but you don’t want to move away from coding as your core activity, keep reading. 🙂
Dit bieden we jou
The company: About AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back; more than 130 years, to be exact. For millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands.
Over 1,000 stores? Check.
The leading online food retail platform? Check.
We build it, we run it and we love it. 😉
So, what’s next?
We want to accelerate our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company by leveraging data and technology to future-proof food shopping. Our goal is to make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common purpose: to create digital solutions that make shopping simpler and more inspiring, both online and in our stores.
We invest heavily in tech. That includes investing in your career! Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food?
Our Engineering Enablement Department has a purpose to accelerate our teams worldwide. We strive to provide teams a set of tools and services to enable unlock their full potential. In short, we enable them to deliver quality customer value quickly and autonomously. The tools and services we provide are built with and for our engineering community.
As an engineer in engineering enablement, you build products and platforms for our engineers. You contribute directly to creating a state-of-the-art, self-service eco-system of products and automation. This is a mission you won’t take on solo, but as a full-fledged member of the enablement team. Following Inner-Sourcing principles, you will work with users and maintainers throughout the whole organization to fit your ideas into the bigger picture: Accelerate our product teams, so they can deliver quality customer value quickly and autonomously.
This is how you will reinvent food retail
- Build and maintain our Cloud products, technical platforms, or paved roads with state-of-the-art technology.
- Leverage your specialist knowledge your field to help decide the best technical architecture and solutions for our complete organization.
- Be a part of the larger enablement community and help us improve every day.
- Work with an “open-source and build yourself” mentality in a corporate environment: inner-sourcing.
Your ‘shopping list’
- 2- 4 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Java
- knowledge on Kafka eco system (Kafka broker, Kafka Connect, schema registry, KsqlDB, …)
- Kubernetes and docker
- Git, GitHub
- Knowledge of tools: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Opsgenie
- Fluent verbal and written English communication
- Have a desire to work collaboratively to deliver as a team
- Have experience building and scaling technical platforms
- A desire to maintain an on-going understanding of emerging technologies, industry trends and best practices
- An annual salary of up to €70K based on a full-time workweek.
- Attractive bonus plan, travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- Generous retirement plan with a solid contribution from Albert Heijn.
- Plenty of holiday! 45 days of paid leave to enjoy your well-deserved holidays. 25,5 regulair paid vacation days and 19,5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
Dit breng je mee
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent tomorrow’s food shopping experience. Questions regarding this Engineering Enablement position? Adam Taimount (Talent Acquisition Partner) can tell you everything you want to know about this role or AH Technology through email@example.com