Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
About the job
Being a Mobile Developer for iOS in the AH Customer Technology domain, means you are responsible, together with your peers, for the technical aspects of Albert Heijn’s iOS app, used by millions of customers in their daily shopping activities. You participate in the ideation of new cool initiatives, in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write tests and manage releases.
Why joining the mobile iOS team at AH Technology? Let us give you a few reasons:
- We have nice technology in place: the app is fully written in Swift and we’re working on moving to clean architecture.
- You’re building an app that is used by millions of customers in their daily shopping activities.
- All you do in the app has a big impact.
- You join a mobile community of 50+ engineers, who think alike, or different, but all love working on new initiatives, high performance and high quality, unit testing etc..
- Grow your career and become part of the AH Tech Academy; our learning environment.
This is, in more detail, what the job entails and what we value:
- Understand new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the SDK can help improve the product.
- Put the organization in a position to deliver value as quickly as possible.
- Ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques.
- Care deeply about consistent, malleable, well documented, tested code.
- Know code is more often read than written.
- Are aware that refactoring messy parts of the codebase is a normal part of your day (Boy Scout rule ftw!).
- Can think about long-term challenges, and ways to improve a large code base with 20 regular contributors.
- Expert in keeping things DRY, Clean and SOLID.
Curious about our mobile tech stack? We listed them on Stackshare. A sneak peak: 100% swift, moving to clean architecture (away from VIP). Big projects: no storyboards or nibs, 8K+ unit tests, 1K+ Snapshot tests, Github Actions, Fastlane.
This vacancy is a 100% swift role. A small part of our app is built using Flutter, if you are interested in the combination Flutter and iOS, we also have a (separate) vacancy for this role. You can contact Irene (recruiter) for more information about the role. The role will be online soon. For contact details, see below.
Your new office
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Our mobile development community has more than 50 Mobile Developers, experts in iOS, Android and Flutter development.
Due to COVID-19 we’re mainly working from home, also after we can go back to the office it’s possible to work in a hybrid way.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary between 50-85K, depending on your level of seniority and experience, based on a full-time workweek (40 hours);
- Possibility to work 32-40 hours a week
- An additional yearly bonus
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It’s up to you!
- Travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year.
- Follow training and courses via our AH Tech Academy.
- The opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
AH Tech Academy
This summer we launched our brand new AH Tech Academy. A learning environment organized by and for our colleagues, together with external training partners. The AH Tech Academy offers a variety of courses and trainings. You will not only find software development trainings, also Agile courses, time management, presentation training and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget and room for both your personal and professional growth.
At AH Technology you’ll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new mobile developer you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree, or equivalent work experience;
- Relevant experience as developer of mobile apps in iOS.
- Know your way around with CI/CD, using Fastlane and Github Actions;
- Knowledge and experience on SOLID principles, clean architecture and testing;
- Outstanding communication in English (Dutch is not mandatory, but already living in the Netherlands is);
- A highly communicative personality.
- A valid working permit to work in the Netherlands (we can offer extension of your sponsorship, but currently don’t offer relocation).
We are looking for both experienced and less experienced mobile developers. Depending on the level of experience you bring, you support product or platform architects when needed, and guide and coach other developers. If you don’t check all the boxes, don’t worry, we probably don’t do either ;-). Feel free to apply and let us have a look at your resume.
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner Technology) and hiring manager Dennis Eijkelenkamp (Head of Tech) will be happy to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40.
And here’s a little bit more about us:
You probably already know who we are. Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. 😉
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!