Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Would you like to work on a newly designed and built employee solutions, which is used by thousands and thousands of employees of Albert Heijn? As a Tech Lead you can make a direct impact on a top-listed priority project, using modern technologies in a fast-developing environment.
Your new job and office
You probably already know who we are. Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. 😉 So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
About the job
Being a Tech Lead for our Digital Employee Experience in the AH Retail Tech Platform, means you are responsible for all the back-end services of Albert Heijn's employee app, called ‘@AH’, used by 100.000 employees. This app has many functionalities, like checking out the AH news, connecting to colleagues via chat, and view work schedules. But even more exciting there’s much more on our roadmap for the upcoming months and years like flexible work, digital onboarding and training, and scaling to new business units and other brands.
As a passionate Tech Lead, you participate in the realization of new features. You lead the team in keeping up the high security and coding standards of the platform, push the engineering skills of the team, and developenew features using the latest technology. You participate in standups and refinements, develop code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write tests and manage the continuous integration of code. As a Tech Lead you support product or platform architects and are the technical point of contact for product owners and heads of tech. Beyond your own team, you contribute to the AH Tech community via Guilds, inner source initiatives, and more.
More specifically, as Tech Lead you:
- Are the Lead software engineer guiding other developers in developing a feature-rich product for our employees.
- Understand how to technically scale the services in the ‘employee experience platform’,which empowers the “@AH app”.
- Understand how to combine best agile development practices in combination with a services-based architecture.
- Leverage ‘shift-left methodologies’ to deliver quality products.
- Leverage ‘shift-right methodologies’ (testing in production) to deliver reliable products.
- Are a valued team lead, who facilitates and removes obstacles, who gets energized by making other team members better.
- Are an expert on ‘your’ domain (Kotlin back-end services on our Azure Kubernetes platform), though you can also liaise with other tech leads and their technologies (Front and Back End).
Why we believe this is a cool job
- You get to work with modern technologies, and since this is a new-build solution we have zero legacy.
- Everything we build in the app is scalable, using Azure and Microservices, Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines. We work in small increments so we’re able to put things live straight away, hence reduce our time to market.
- We work in a multi-disciplinarian team; with dedicated QA, UX designer, developers, PO. In total the team consists of 11 people.
- This initiative, building an employee app for your own colleagues, is a priority project for Albert Heijn, with the potential of scaling to other brands within Ahold Delhaize.
- As a Tech lead you have an impact on the direction of the (technical) part of the app. And the way we work in this project is a blueprint for other teams in our Retail Tech Platform. Therefore, we encourage you to share knowledge and best practices with other teams.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job based on a 40 hours work week:
- An annual salary up to 95K including holiday allowance and a flexible bonus. Depending on your level of seniority and experience.
- Possibility to work 32-40 hours a week.
- Working hybrid where we go to the office once or twice a week. We are next to Zaandam's train station!
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4,5 x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, plus optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It’s up to you!
- NS Train card for commuting by train from your home to Zaandam, a laptop and smartphone.
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year.
- Follow training and courses via our AH Tech Academy.
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To be successful as our new Tech Lead you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering bachelor or master's degree, or equivalent work experience;
- You know your technology stack: you are the expert when it comes to Kotlin and Kafka, while having a good understanding of its fit in the total stack (e.g. exposure to our React Native front end via GraphQL, or connecting to other (low code) apps and platforms;
- Experience in Cloud (Azure preferred, but we will get you up to speed if you have AWS/Google experience);
- Experience as lead backend developer, preferable in a microservice landscape for an internet facing app;
- Know your way around with CI/CD, including test automation integrations and release engineering automation (fyi, we use Azure Devops and Github Actions)
- Strong understanding of concepts like code quality, IT security, test automation, and cloud practices;
- Outstanding communication in English (Dutch is not mandatory);
- A highly communicative personality with the ability to motivate,inspire, and coach developers in the team;
- You don't mind stakeholder management, you're actually quite good at it.
Your new office
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. We work in a hybrid way, where we meet (on average) 2 days at the office in Zaandam, what is close to the train station, and 8 min from Amsterdam ;-).
You need to look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. Hit the apply button and discover how we can make a difference together to the customer! Want to know more? Please feel free to reach out to Carly DeSantis(Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Jelle Gijsbers (Product Manager Employee Experience) will be happy to help you via email@example.com or send a WhatsApp to Carly DeSantis via +31 6 5164 4791. You can apply by hitting the apply button and upload your resume. We look forward meeting you!