Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Make impact using Data Science by reducing food waste and improving the availability of products for millions of customers!
As a Junior Data Scientist (Stores), you will work on Data Science products that improve the operation of the stores at Albert Heijn. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on projects such as Dynamic Markdown and Bakplan. Both projects have the goal of reducing food waste, Dynamic Markdown by setting optimal markdown levels for products near their expiry date and Bakplan by better planning how much bread and pastries to bake throughout the day in store.
You will become part of the Data Science team in the Strategy & Analytics department. Within this team, you will work together with other data scientists, machine learning engineers and analysts.
The Data Science team consists of 25 Data scientists and Machine Learning engineers that are continuously stimulated and challenged while working with the wealth of data at Albert Heijn. Your teammates have different backgrounds and nationalities, which we believe is an important asset. We are passionate, enthusiastic, and we don’t mind getting our hands dirty, but most importantly: we will never stop evolving and learning.
As Junior Data Scientist (Operations) at AH Technology you:
- Solve problems holistically through analysis, modelling and experimentation
- Code, test and put algorithms into production
- Convey complex ideas to different audiences in an effective manner
- Work in multidisciplinary product teams and closely to our business stakeholders
- Share your knowledge with and learn from other team members
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. You can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, tech and digital to further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues?
At AH Technology you work with highly qualified professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other, and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As a Senior Data Scientist, you are part of the Strategy & Analytics department. Your colleagues will be other engineers and scientists, with a background in AI, Computer Engineering, Econometrics, Psychology, as well as other data-savvy people. Together with them, you play an essential role in creating impact through advanced data analysis. Next to this, other Albert Heijn departments, our shops, supply chain, and real estate play a key role as your stakeholders.
Because what we are working on and also are working for is near to our hearts we love to share this! We share this on our blog site. Here you can read blogs on the everyday challenges and the solutions we come up with.
So if you like share knowledge and blog… the stage is yours!
What do we offer?
What we offer you:
At AH Technology, we aim to grow, and that’s only possible if you grow with us. That’s why you get access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A salary up to € 60.000,-. gross a year + 8% holiday allowance
- A bonus on top of your salary
- 25,5 vacation days
- A budget choice in which you can decide whether you spend it on extra days off (+19,5 days), discounts or pay-outs
- Courses from our Albert Heijn Data Academy
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 6.2%
- A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A Macbook Pro and smartphone(Iphone or Android)
- 10% discount on your grocery shopping in our Albert Heijn stores, up to € 300 per year
This is what you bring to the table
At AH Technology, you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- A Master in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Econometrics, Computer Science, or other relevant studies. If no relevant study, demonstrably relevant experience, and interest
- At least 1 year experience as Data Scientist (retail and or operations experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Applied Statistical techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience in Python
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- The ability to explain complex matters in an effective way to varied audiences
- Experience using modern software development practices (IDEs, Unit testing, Source Control, CI/CD etc)
- Knowledge of Spark is a plus
Experience in Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Azure Databricks and visualization tools are a plus
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop onboard and join us on our expedition. Apply now via the button on this page.
Would you like more information? Get in touch with Peter Dirks – Talent Acquisition Partner (Data Science & Analytics): firstname.lastname@example.org