Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day.
Improving the online shopping experience on AH.nl and in the AH app with new innovations for millions of users each day.
As Java Developer at AH Technology, you contribute to the improvement and optimisation of the online experience of millions of Albert Heijn customers. Using the latest technology, you transform the ever-changing insights in the world of online shopping into code that works. In short, you use your programming skills to develop, test and implement new functionalities, together with your team.
In more detail, you will be the CMS go-to person to discuss architectural questions and solutions. Together we deliver new scalable business solutions and support other web/mobile teams implementing our CMS (Bloomreach Experience Manager – brXM) in their applications. You enable and improve the user-experience of dozens of editors and a million customers every day. You will become the expert for everything and everyone that uses content from the CMS and don’t only manage the CMS itself but also services that are directly linked to it. Besides that, as Java Developer, you:
- Develop and improve new features for our customers
- Improve usage of the CMS in mobile and web applications
- Monitor the applications and services and keep track of performance and stability.
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team you are part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech. To further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. You will work in a new domain within AH Technology: Marketing & Inspire, with approximately 45 employees and various teams. The CMS team is part of this new domain and consists of 4 to 8 people, a Product Owner, a Scrum Master and DevOps Engineers. They are all experts in their own fields. When your team needs a break from coding, you head for the high-tech gaming room. Afterwards, you'll be full of energy and ready to dive into the code again. For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and customers. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue to monitor the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to our Headquarters in Zaandam. There you will have the opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of colleagues. This also means that all job interviews for this position will take place through video calls.
Dit bieden we jou
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- A gross annual salary up to € 60.000 (depending on your working experience)
- Access to best-in-class guidance and inspiring training to shape your development and career.
- A laptop and phone.
- Flexible working hours.
- An excellent pension plan with an employee contribution of 6.2%.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses to and from Zaandam.
- 25 vacation days and 19.5 extra (work-reduction) days off, with the option of having the extra days off paid out.
- Vacation pay, so you can enjoy a well-deserved rest.
- Guaranteed dividends.
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies.
Dit breng je mee
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new Java Developer, you bring:
- An HBO (University of Applied Sciences) degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject.
- Preferably 3-4 years' work experience as Java Developer, Kotlin Developer, Back End DevOps Engineer etc.
- Knowledge of/experience with Java 8 or higher, Services (APIs) and CI/CD.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Public Cloud.
- Knowledge of Scrum/Kanban (Agile).
- A getting-things-done mentality.
- An insatiable appetite to be the expert on content and how this is used and to be the CMS go-to person.
- Previous knowledge of specifically BrXM is not required, but a hunger to learn everything about it is.
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Apply online now, and before Friday 25 June. Please apply with your cv and motivation letter. We're especially curious why you would like to develop as an expert of the CMS application Bloomreach Experience Manager. We're looking forward to your application!
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology? Eva Kuijer, Talent Acquisition Partner, is happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and AH Technology through email@example.com.