Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Working as a Front-end developer for AH technology means you build state-of-the-art web and applications, while creating an impact on millions of our customers. We create insights in regards to our inventory in every store with as ultimate goal: minimizing food waste.
Your new job
As a front-end developer, you are technically co-responsible for the work of the ComGenius product team. Our team and product has been built from scratch in the last year, meaning there is no legacy code. The team develops and supports a state-of-the-art software product that integrates outcomes from data science and analytics teams into a user-friendly web application. This application is used by our commercial employees daily. Multiple users at the beating heart of Albert Heijn use this tool as the single source of truth for all their insights and receive proactive notifications to support their decisions regarding the assortment, price, promotions, and more of our products in stores. We support remote working in this team. On average we meet once every two weeks in the office for meetings or fun stuff. Although we are looking for candidates who are based in the Netherlands, we don’t mind if you’d be working remotely from a different location in the world a few weeks a year. This automatically means we have no mandatory days that you need to be at the office but you are always welcome at our office located in Zaandam (near train station).
More specifically you:
• Build code, implement, and execute automated testing, ensure security, and code quality, contribute to best practices and deployments
• Understand what new tools or frameworks, or how changes in the language or new features in the application can help improve the product
• Ensure this is done using the most efficient tools and techniques
• Add value with your expertise and contribute initiatives for the team and the broader AH Retail Technology Platform
• Be a valued team member, that contributes and removes obstacles
• Work closely with the Tech Lead, Product Owner, and our development community
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job:
• An annual salary between 45K-60K gross, depending on your level of seniority and experience, based on a full-time workweek (40 hours).
• Possibility to work 32-40 hours a week.
• An additional yearly bonus (up to 10K).
• An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4,5 x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring :-).
• A total of 45 days of vacation! Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It’s up to you!
• Travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
• 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year.
• Follow training and courses via our AH Tech Academy.
Is this you?
To become successful as our new team member you will bring:
• Experience as a developer in a front-end role
• A familiarity with any front-end framework. A preference is React, any other will do.
• Passioniateabout tech and building products
• Excellent communication skills, open, transparent, and motivated to continuously help the team grow
• An outstanding command of the English language
Bonus points for:
• Experience consuming 3rd party APIs, a bonus point for using swagger
• Experience with relational databases, knowing the basics of SQL
• Experience with Node.js or similar, REST/GraphQL APIs and CI/CD
• Experience with Azure, or any other cloud provider
• Experience in the field of Retail Tech
• Dutch is a big plus
The first step is reviewing your resume and plan a (video) call with our tech recruiter Carly DeSantis, in which one of the Tech leads joins the first or last 15 minutes too, so you can ask more in-depth technical questions. The next step is a technical assignment to tackle at home, which we use to understand if your programming style matches what we look for in a team mate. If it does, we follow up with a relaxed 1-hour chat, where we talk about the assessment, your experiences, and some day-to-day technical stuff you don’t really need any preparation for. At last there’s a 30-min chat with the Head of Tech and our PO to get to know each other and tell you more about the direction and ambitions of the team.
Carly DeSantis(Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Jeroen Buitenhuis (Head of Tech Digital Loyalty and Customer) will be happy to help you via firstname.lastname@example.org.