Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
As a Dev Engineer Event Streaming Platform for our Customer Technology platform, you will make Albert Heijn’s eCommerce ready for growth by ensuring the best Event streaming platform.
There is room to bring your ideas and put them on the table. Your knowledge, guidance and expertise will make our Messaging Platform even better and as reliable as possible.
More specifically, as a Dev Engineer Event Streaming, you:
- Work with a state-of-the-art Kafka Event Streaming platform running in Kubernetes on Azure.
- Make the best applications using our Event Streaming platform.
- Work in a highly skilled team.
About the team
The mission of the Messaging Team is to help other projects to be event centric, message driven, react to events and introduce streaming data products. We do this by offering a reliable, horizontally scalable messaging and stream processing platform on top of Apache Kafka.
The Messaging Team is part of a new domain within the Customer Technology platform, called ‘Enabling Cluster’. The Enabling Cluster provides several products to the product teams within the Customer Technology Platform. They enable IT operations by providing infrastructure, tooling, practices, and DevOps coaching for the product DevOps teams.
The Enabling Cluster has about 70 members divided over various teams, with 7 members on average in each team, mainly DevOps Engineers and Technical Product Owners.
What do we offer?
The right ingredients for an impactful job
- An annual salary between 50-85K, depending on your level of seniority and experience, based on a full-time workweek (40 hours);
- Possibility to work 32-40 hours a week
- An additional yearly bonus (up to 10K)
- An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
- A minimum of 20 days paid vacation, optionally 12.5 days extra. Do you want to take that extra time off, or would you rather convert the extra days into discounts or sell them for cash? It’s up to you!
- Travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone.
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year.
- Follow training and courses via our AH Tech Academy.
What do you bring
- Experience in developing message and stream processing components for Kafka-based messaging platform.
- Strong knowledge on Java and Spring Bootstrap.
- Strong knowledge on the Kafka ecosystem (Kafka connect, Kafka broker, Kafka Streams, schema registry, KsqlDB, Mirror Maker, etc.).
- Knowledge about Kubernetes and docker, Git, GitHub.
- Outstanding communication in English (Dutch is not mandatory).
- A hands-on mentality and you’re not afraid to express your opinion about quality software.
Please note: Once in the 6-7 weeks you have one week standby service, starting on Monday. A standby compensation applies.
We are looking for both experienced and less experienced developers. Depending on the level of experience you bring, you participate in standups and refinements, write code, enforce code quality, develop best practices, write tests and manage releases. You support product or platform architects when needed, and guide and coach other (junior) developers.
If you don't check all the boxes, don't worry, we probably don't do either ;-). Feel free to apply and let us have a look at your resume.
More information & apply
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Ischa Mooren (Head of Tech) will be happy to help you via email@example.com or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40.
About AH Technology
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. 😉
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!