Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Does DATA and TECHNOLOGY run through your veins, then look no further: are you the new Data Engineer who can bring our Food and Tech company to the next level?
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. 😉
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
This is how you will reinvent food retail
- You will realize the business roadmap and work on valuable data solutions for Customer Loyalty & E-commerce.
- You will work closely with the Tech Leads, Architects and other colleagues of the tech community ensuring quality of our data solutions.
- You will help design, build, and manage data pipelines and deliver data products together with business stakeholders.
- Ensure security, quality, performance, availability, and monitoring of data products.
- You will be a valued team member that contributes not only with developments but also helps team members, expresses new ideas or risks, and make suggestions to improve solutions or the way of working.
As Data Engineer Customer Data, you contribute directly to the power of impacting customers with the data. A mission you won’t take on solo, but as a full-fledged (and very welcome) member of the Data Differentiation Platform team. You will work closely with our Head of Tech and Tech Leads but also colleagues from other Clusters and Development Teams. Together you strive to deliver quality Data Products in an Agile setting. A challenging role, because we work with the newest technologies, we have a business full of fresh ideas and we're building a high performing data engineering team to deliver these awesome data products. This challenge can only be overcome if you utilize your collaboration and deep data engineering skills to the fullest and work with us to raise the bar and build this amazing team. The role mostly boils down to a mix of designing and developing solutions and together with the team you to collaborate on operations and you offer your help to your teammates when in need. Much appreciated!
To maximize your impact as Data Engineer Customer Data, it is important that you want to ensure data engineering is done with top quality and you don't settle for less. You want to own the technical challenges and work with the best engineers and architects in the field to design and build the data products that impacts Albert Heijn's customers in their daily life. How do you make sure customers can trust and rely on your data products? And how do you create data products in a rapidly changing environment, where today's brilliant idea can be ‘past its expiration date’ tomorrow? You innovate and experiment, while weighing the effects on business processes and identifying risks and dependencies like a boss. You also engage intensively with colleagues in the Customer Technology and Digital Analytics departments. In short, this is an incredibly datalicious role in which you work on hyper personalized data products and help us to deliver on our promise to make the life of our customers better through smarter solutions in an omnichannel environment. As for the setting: we actively promote autonomy and experimenting. Misadventures are learnings to be shared with your colleagues! Speaking of which, at AH Technology you work with the brightest minds in the data, digital and tech domains, so inspiration is never in short supply…
Current topics and projects include:
- Customer awareness for healthier lifestyles.
- Real-time order visibility to optimize supply chain processes.
- Improving the communications and usability in the Albert Heijn app.
- Automate further the data ingestions into the enterprise data platform.
- Increase data driven decision making on customer insights with analytical data solutions.
These are some of our favorite tools/techniques:
- Microsoft Azure (ADF, DWH, Synapse, Functions)
What do we offer?
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
- We reward your effort with an annual salary up to 81k, based on a full-time workweek, excluding bonus and holiday allowance.
- Our end bosses aren’t greedy: you’re helping the business to increase profits, so you get a slice of that pie.
- We save for your retirement like Scrooge McDuck. With one difference: we pay out over four times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
- You can game for 20 days non-stop regular paid vacation days and a flex budget of 12.5 days. Enjoy!
You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- A powerful laptop and ditto smartphone are ‘included’. You also get discounts (no coupon clipping required) on insurance, groceries, and so forth.
- You work with the latest & greatest tooling. Pinky promise.
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy ‘to boldly go where no one has gone before’ that typifies scaleups.
- You have an opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
Your team’s ‘shopping list’
- You combine a relevant Masters degree (e.g. Informatics) with 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- By relevant, we mean jobs in the field of business intelligence development or data engineering.
- You’re at home in the Microsoft Azure Data Platform environment and have extensive work experience in Azure Data factory, ADLS, Synapse, Databricks, Functions and Azure DW.
- You’ll need solid knowledge of ETL, TSQL and Python to complete the final level.
- Proven experience collaborating in and with multi-disciplinary teams would be an asset.
- You are curious, proactive and a fast learner able to quickly picking-up new areas.
- If you share our passion for food and tech and have a strong customer focus, great!
- If seeking for the best data solutions puts a smile on your face and you want to share & care with colleagues from backgrounds as diverse as the customers we serve, welcome to AH Technology!
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. And beyond. Questions? Nora Boujemaaoui can tell you everything you want to know about this role, via firstname.lastname@example.org