Wij bieden jou
Jouw nieuwe baan en werkplek
Does DATA and TECHNOLOGY run through your veins, then look no further: are you the new DevOps engineer with a keen interest in BI & reporting to help Albert Heijn build the best in class data platforms and who can bring our Food and Tech company to the next level?
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. 😉
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
The BI & Reporting team is mainly responsible, to deliver best in class self-service BI and analytics solution, to different business users across multiple department. We are responsible to design, build, deploy and maintain the infrastructure need to enable the business to be successful on the reporting and BI needs.
As a DevSecOps Engineer in the BI & Reporting Cluster, you focus on using the latest cloud technologies to architect, design, implement and monitor the modernization of our legacy Data warehouse. You will have the opportunity to redesign our legacy system with a modern technology stack, most of them based on Microsoft Azure technology & Databricks. This is a hands-on technical position. The ideal candidate has prior experience in building, developing and managing a data platform with a strong focus on DWH and data modeling to enable and deliver the best self-service BI and analytics experience to our business stakeholders. Of course, none of this is useful unless you possess a high standard of excellence, attitude, solid written and verbal communication skills, and a strong customer focus!
The main responsibilities will be focused on the follow areas:
- Cloud infrastructure for patching and maintenance
- Developing new solutions for our data warehouse
More in details we expect from you that you:
- Drive automation of Cloud infrastructure provisioning and configuration management, self-service, Infrastructure-as-Code services, Auto Scale initiatives and DevOps deployment.
- Contribute to infrastructure improvements, architecture, development and deployment.
- Provide guidance, advice the team using your strong understanding of ETL, ELT, data pipeline, data integration, date modelling and database concept.
- Implement security baselines and standards for Azure resources including network access, restriction of internet-facing resource provision and configuration within the Azure environment.
- Work with and support the infra team to be compliant with our architecture guidelines.
- Create observability strategies with focus on self-healing mechanisms.
- Collaborate with data engineering, product and design teams to ensure that releases, internal and external, can be done easily.
- Define and develop automated processes to integrate our ETL deployment with CI/CD pipeline hosted in Github.
- Understand the agreed SLA’s for the product or service offering and plan the support schedule accordingly.
- Liaison with PO about the risks on Infra and application components from an business continuity perspective.
Dit bieden we jou
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
• An annual gross salary between 80k – 100k, depending on your experience. This is including holiday allowance and bonus.
• 20 vacation days and a personal budget for you to decide whether to spend it on 12.5 extra vacation days, discounts or a pay-out. Enjoy!
• Flexible working hours;
• An attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4.5 times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
• A travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
• Attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
• 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year;
• a laptop and telephone.
Dit breng je mee
Your team’s ‘shopping list’,
- Hands-on experience:
- Github/Github Actions
- Objected-oriented software development preferably in Python (or in any other language but with willingness to learn python)
- Spark, pyspark
- Thorough mastery of SQL/TSQL and database query optimization
- Scripting language (e.g. Bash, windows PowerShell, azure cloudshell or similar)
- Azure PaaS services such as Azure Kubernetes, Databricks, Key Vault, Storage account etc.
- SaaS based Observability solutions
- ETL tool (Informatica, Azure data Factory, Qlik, Alteryx, KNIME)
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar.
- Cloud knowledge with one of the main players such as Azure, AWS, google cloud or Oracle.
- A passion for advancing and continually improving our DevOps automation and practices to keep our applications easy to deploy, monitor and scale.
- Proven experience in Azure security tools such as Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault and Azure Policies.
- Knowledge and experience with (automated) testing concepts/TDD
- Knowledge and experience in different data modelling techniques such as data vault, dimensional data modelling, 3NF, star schema, snowflake, etc
- Experience with the Agile way of working
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Team player with good communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Kafka stream, Spark integration
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter
- Oracle BI – OBIEE
- Tableau & PowerBI
Ready to reinvent food retail with us?
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent food shopping for generation Z. And beyond. Questions? Nora Boujemaaoui (Talent Acquisition Specialist) can tell you everything you want to know about this role, firstname.lastname@example.org.