Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Join AH Technology: Reinventing Food Retail every day. Improving the online shopping experience on AH.nl and in the AH app with new innovations for millions of users each day.
As backend developer at AH Technology, you contribute to the improvement and optimization of the experience of millions of Albert Heijn customers. Using the latest technology, you transform the ever-changing insights in the world of online and offline shopping into code that works. In short, you use your programming skills to develop, test and implement new functionalities, together with your team.
In more detail, at AH Technology you will:
- Manage integrations between our online and store applications
- Improve, maintain and develop features to provide a solid basis for our loyalty programs.
- Be working in a DevOps environment and you are responsible for the performance and the quality of the things you own as a team.
Your new office
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one omnichannel food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team you are part of AH Technology, where you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. AH Technology is a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech within Albert Heijn. Our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. We’re continually rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech. To further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food & Tech company.
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Your team consists of 4 to 8 people, a Product Owner, a Scrum Master and other passionate developers . They are all experts in their own fields. When your team needs a break from coding, you head for the high-tech gaming room. Afterwards, you'll be full of energy and ready to dive into the code again.
AH Tech Academy
We launched our brand-new AH Tech Academy. A learning environment organized by and for our colleagues, together with external training partners. The AH Tech Academy offers a variety of courses and trainings. You will not only find software development trainings, also Agile courses, time management, presentation training and more. You can get your certifications and visit conferences. We invest time, budget and room for both your personal and professional growth.
What do we offer?
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. And as we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- a competitive annual gross salary up to a maximum of € 64k ;
- plus a bonus on top of your salary;
- plenty of holidays, 45 days to be exactly: 25.5 regular paid vacation days and 19.5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- flexible working hours;
- an attractive pension plan of which we pay out over 4x times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
- a travel allowance for traveling to and from Zaandam;
- attractive discounts on various insurance policies;
- 10% staff discount on groceries in all Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 discount a year;
- a laptop and telephone.
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new software Engineer, you bring:
- Bachelore or University degree in Computer Science, IT or a comparable subject.
- At least 2 year+ work experience as a Backend Developer, Java Developer, Kotlin Developer or Backend DevOps Engineer etc.
- Experience with Java 8 or higher, Services (APIs) and CI/CD.
- Knowledge on Containerisation (Kubernetes) and Cloud (Azure).
- A getting-things-done mentality.
- An insatiable appetite for new knowledge.
- Fluent in English & Dutch.
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need to look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. Hit the apply button and discover how we can make a difference together to the customer!
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop on board and join us on our expedition. Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology? Nora Boujemaaoui, Talent Acquisition Partner – Technology will be happy to tell you everything about this vacancy and AH Technology through firstname.lastname@example.org