Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
FoodTech is hot!
You want: architecture, greenfield engineering, impact, scale. You don’t want: to move away from coding as your core activity. If that is you, continue reading.
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So, for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. So, what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make shopping simpler and more inspiring, whether it is online or in our stores.
Our Engineering enablement department has a purpose to accelerate our teams worldwide, so they can deliver quality customer value faster and autonomously. We provide this enablement power on technical platforms, Cloud, technical paved roads and DevSecOps tooling. Examples of great products that we deliver are Storm (our cloud framework and platform) and Beast (our engineering paved roads). Built with and for our engineering community.
What do we offer?
As our specialist API Lead / Architect within our new Engineering Enablement Platform, you design products and platforms for our engineers. You contribute directly to building a state-of-the-art self-service eco-system of products and automation. A mission you won’t take on solo, but as a full-fledged member of the enablement team. Following Inner-Sourcing principles, you will work with users and maintainers throughout the whole organization to fit your ideas into the bigger picture. Accelerate our product teams, so they can deliver quality customer value faster and autonomously.
As an API & Microservices Lead / Architect you will make an impact by:
- Lead API and microservices strategy / roadmap initiatives while aligning the strategy to the business objectives for our clients
- Includes helping establish API organizations, API development methodology and selection of API technology components including API gateway
- Gather requirements
- Lead API design driven by business requirements
- Manage project, client and vendor relationships, team
- Agile project delivery
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges and status/progress of the project
- Document requirements, design, architecture and test scripts
- Participate in thought leadership, vendor relationships
- Excellent knowledge of modern API and microservices development and design practices and cloud technologies
- Experience and knowledge on API-standards such as REST and GraphQL
- 2 to 5 years of experience with an API management / gateway software like Mulesoft or Azure API gateway or equivalent with the knowledge of API mashups, analytics, developer networks, monetization models and security
- Know-how of Cosmos DB, Mongo DB
- 2 to 4 years of know-how in implementing security and identity protocols such as OpenID, TLS, OAuth, SAML, SSO, PKI (encryption and key management), REST
- Knowledge in API design and implementation and system integration using APIs
- Experience in working on the cloud (iPaas / Saas)
- You are already living in The Netherlands
- An annual salary of up to 100K based on a full-time workweek
- Attractive bonus plan, travel expenses, a laptop and smartphone
- Generous retirement plan with a solid contribution from Albert Heijn
- 20 days of paid leave (and a flex budget to by additional days) to enjoy your well-deserved holidays
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy to boldly go where no one has gone before that typifies scaleups
Click the apply button and discover how you can work together with diverse and enthusiastic colleagues to invent tomorrow’s food shopping experience.