Wij bieden jou
Wat ga je doen?
Dit ga je bij ons doen
As an Agile Tester at Albert Heijn, you are part of AH Technology. You play a crucial role by always asking the important questions to make sure we are prepared for any bug or error in the software. Together with your colleagues at the ambitious AH Digital Development department, you share your knowledge to further improve customer experience for the over one million monthly users of our online shopping products at Albert Heijn.
As an Agile Tester at AH Technology you:
- Have a leading role in continuously assessing the quality of our software
- Use your curiosity and ask critical questions like ‘what risks are there if this goes to production?’ and ‘are there possible problems with the solutions we are building?’
- Intercept possible threats and weaknesses in the software and sharing your findings based on facts
- Test not only in a browser but also isolated and directly with the services, databases and components
- Keep your team informed about what will be automated
- Enable your team to grow together and add value to the business
Jouw nieuwe werkplek
Albert Heijn, part of Ahold Delhaize, is the number one food retailer in the Netherlands. We’ve been inspiring customers and building trust for more than 130 years. We like to say, “we’re always there for you.” And with more than 1000 stores in the Netherlands and Belgium and 24/7 shopping on ah.nl, it’s truer than ever! But now we want to take our business to the next level. By making better food accessible to everyone – and making shopping fit the way people live today.
By joining our team, you will be part of AH Technology, a department transcending community consisting of the departments Data, Digital and Tech. Here you can make your mark on the daily lives of millions of people. At AH Technology, our smart professionals create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Constantly rethinking the way people shop, pay and even enjoy food. That’s why we’re investing heavily in data, digital and tech. To further transform Albert Heijn into a leading Food Tech company.
Are you curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with smart professionals in an open environment. Expertise is valued, we learn from each other and we have the freedom to create innovative solutions and make a real impact. As Agile Tester for AH Digital Development, a business unit within AH Technology, you will be working in one of our tech teams, such as Web Development, App Development, Enablement or Logistics. Together you contribute to the objectives of AH Digital Development where your focus will be on our customers’ wants and needs. We have an open and informal working environment. There’s even a high-tech gaming room available for your much-needed moments of relaxation. We also organize fun events on a regular basis so you can get to know your colleagues even better.
Normally, AH Technology employees work from our bustling head office in Zaandam. However, due to the current situation, all employees are working from home. We hope to be able to return to Zaandam together soon.
For more information about AH Technology you can also visit our Stack Overflow page: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/ah-technology-albert-heijn
Wat je krijgt
At AH Technology we aim to grow, and this is only possible if you grow along with us. That’s why you get access to best-in-class coaching and inspiring training to shape your development and career. As we work together to build on our brand and your career, you can count on (based on 40 hours per week):
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- An excellent pension plan with a personal contribution of 5.3%
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses to and from Zaandam
- 25 vacation days and 20 ADV days (reduction of working hours) with the option of having these partially paid out
- Holiday pay, to take a well-deserved holiday
- Possibility to visit, learn and speak at (digital) conferences
- A guaranteed profit distribution
- Attractive discounts on various insurance policies
- A laptop and telephone
- 10% discount on your groceries in our Albert Heijn stores, up to €300 per year
- Regularly fun promotions and delicious tastings with free products
Dit breng je mee
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the world's biggest retailers, and we know you are bursting with the ambition to keep up with us. You supplement this ambition with:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a relevant education; Computer Science or IT. Or you have enough relevant work experience and the feeling that you don’t need to prove yourself through a piece of paper
- At least 3 years of work experience in testing, quality assurance (QA) and/or software engineering in an Agile environment
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written), excellent Dutch communication skills would be a plus
- An understanding of context-driven testing and the DevOps way of working
- Curiosity, a desire to learn, a love for challenges and a can-do mentality
And, experience with the following tech stack would be a plus: Web Services, Git, Bitbucket, Cypress, React, REST-assured framework, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Android Studio, Xcode, Charles, Dynatrace, Fitnesse, Oracle Databases, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Grafana or Prometheus
Solliciteer en kom binnen
Do you want to play an active role in changing the food retail landscape as we know it? Then hop in and join us on our expedition! Apply now via the button on this page.
We ask you not to send a standard motivation letter, but to formulate an answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work for Albert Heijn?
- Why do you think you will be successful in this position, and what kind of technical skills do you bring for this role?
- What is one of your personal strengths and one skill you wish to improve or develop?
- Last but not least: what are your salary expectations?
Would you like to learn more first, before you apply to AH Technology? René Lepp, Talent Acquisition Partner IT, is happy to tell you everything about AH Technology and this vacancy via firstname.lastname@example.org.