Wij bieden jou
Your new job and office
Do you have experience with Software Testing or QA of Software Engineering? And are you looking to make a significant impact in your daily work? Then this might be the next step to advance your career.
Hi, we’re AH Technology, food retail reinventors.
Albert Heijn goes way back. More than 130 years, to be exact. So for millions of people, food shopping is synonymous with the Albert Heijn brand. We didn’t achieve this with a complacent, ‘hey, if it works today, it’ll work tomorrow’ approach, but by continually rethinking our propositions and staying plugged in to customer demands. Over 1,000 stores? Check. The leading online food retail platform? Check, we build, run and love it. 😉
So what’s next? Accelerating our transition into a hybrid Food & Tech company is. We want to leverage data and technology to future-proof food shopping and make better food more easily accessible to everyone. At AH Technology, you team up with inspiring peers in the data, digital and tech domains. A community of diverse individuals who share a common goal; to create digital solutions that make (online) shopping simpler and more inspiring. Are you ready to reinvent the way millions of people buy and enjoy their food? We invest heavily in data, digital and tech. And that includes investing in your career!
About the job
Making a difference to the customer as our new Agile Tester. Being an Agile Tester means your ultimate goal is to ensure that only the most reliable code makes it to production. You do this together with other members of your scrum team. As an agile tester you are able to setup the tests within your team in such a way that the team is able to deliver high quality software to production. You do this by knowing the ins and outs of our applications. You work together with developers in your team to ensure the fastest possible feedback. With your experience with test automation and requirements analysis, you marshal your team in the right direction.
Besides AH.nl and the Appie app, we also work for the brands Etos.nl, Gall& Gall, and Allerhande.
As an Agile tester we expect you to be a front-runner in your field. You have experience in testing complex (microservice) systems. In doing this you understand the importance of test automation in an Agile environment. You are able to work with the newest test automation tooling and are not afraid to write automated test scripts yourself in frameworks like Selenium, Cypress or RestAssured and make sure these tests can run as part of the CI/CD processes.
Next to your technical skills you are also able to translate complex requirements into clear acceptance criteria that are the basis for tests. You understand that testing is a team effort, but that you as a tester play a large role in helping the team to have the right focus on quality.
In short; as an Agile Tester you:
- Can coach your team in a quality first mindset
- Support in the requirement process
- Are able to write automated tests in a variety of frameworks
- Know when to apply different types of tests and form an approach
- Can setup and run tests in a CI/CD environment
- Have a deep knowledge of Agile practices (specifically scrum)
- Are the bridge between the business and developers
Your new office
Curious about your colleagues? At AH Technology you work with the best experts in the field. In an open environment, where expertise is valued, where we learn from each other and have the freedom to innovate. Our Agile testing community counts more than 30 Testers.
For more information about AH Technology, you can also visit our Stack Overflow page and our Blog posts on Medium.
Due to COVID-19 we're mainly working from home, also after we can go back to the office it's possible to work partially from home.
What do we offer?
The best ingredients for a meaningful job
- We reward your effort with a competitive salary based on a full-time workweek (40 hours).
- Our end bosses aren’t greedy: you’re helping the business to increase profits, so you get a slice of that pie. The annual amount can range from 45 to 130% of your average monthly paycheck.
- 32-40 hours workweek
- We save for your retirement like Scrooge McDuck. With one difference: we pay out over four times the amount you contribute to the fund. So you’ll continue to enjoy a comfortable income even after retiring 🙂
- Plenty of holidays, 45 days to be exactly: 25.5 regular paid vacation days and 19.5 ADV days. Enjoy!
- You develop as rapidly as the tech around us. Thanks to feedback loops with the best & the brightest tech-savvy colleagues. And by being a contributing member of the AH Technology community & AH Tech Academy – deep dive into our shared knowledge!
- A powerful laptop and ditto smartphone are ‘included’. You also get discounts on insurance, groceries (up to €300,- a year).
- You work with the latest & greatest tooling.
- An employer that combines the best of two worlds: the career opportunities of a corporate, and the drive and autonomy that typifies scaleups.
- You have an opportunity to provide everyone with a healthier, tastier and more sustainable diet.
At AH Technology you'll be working for one of the biggest food retailers in the Netherlands. To become successful as our new Agile Tester you bring:
- A Technology/IT Engineering Bachelor certificate or Master degree, or equivalent work experience;
- A keen eye for detail;
- Experience in roles as Software Tester or QA of Software Engineering.
- Experience with Context-Driven Testing, preferably within a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of API / REST service testing
- Experience with source control and CICD systems like Github, Github Actions and Jenkins
- Knowledge of Webservices
- Experience with Cypress, Rest assured, and React.
- Knowledge and experience on SOLID principles, and unit/widget and integration testing;
- A highly communicative personality, and outstanding English skills (Dutch is not mandatory but a nice-to-have);
- A valid work permit to work in the Netherlands
Pioneering in a corporate environment?
You need to look no further than your favorite omnichannel neighborhood supermarket. Hit the apply button and discover how we can make a difference together to the customer!
Irene van Rosmalen (Talent Acquisition Partner technology) and hiring manager Jeroen Buitenhuis (Head of Tech Digital Loyalty and Customer) will be happy to help you via email@example.com or send a WhatsApp to Irene via 06-23 62 04 40.